How to Renew Driving License in Saudi Arabia for Expat with New Iqama
For an Expat in Saudi Arabia that went on exit and return back with a new visa and a new Iqama but with a valid or has a previous License card, you have to renew it for you to able to drive again in the Kingdom and you have to go the Dallah Licensing Center not in the Moroor or Traffic Police Office since you came in new Iqama and it is considered as a new Registration not a Renewal but you don’t have to do the crazy driving test like you do in your first time acquiring driving ID.
Okay then, lets start the process in a very simple instruction as follows:
- Prepare the requirements and fill-up the application form.
- Present the requirements including payment receipt to the Traffic Police.
- Proceed to Releasing Office and wait for your call.
As you see its only a 3 steps but I know its not clear for you how it is to be done that’s why I have to make it in much details for you to able to follow the procedure once you are there in Dallah Centers especially for those who came back in Saudi Arabia and don’t know what to do.
In My own experience, I came back in Riyadh and It’s a necessity for me to have a driving license that’s why after I receive my new Iqama my next step to do is Aquiring a Driving License. For Expat like me who came in New visa & Iqama I have to go Dallah Takhassusi, I’ve try it in Malaz Traffic Police office but they don’t renew my ID, the Saudi Police told me that they only renew for old ID card not for new Iqama. Lets start now the process.
- Preparing the requirements and Fill-up the application forms:
- Requirements are:
- Driving License card original & photo copy
- Iqama original & photocopy
- 2 pcs passport size picture
- Company letter or employment certificate (optional only but better if you have it)
- Fill-up the application form which is available in Dallah or in MOI website. It is better if you downloaded it and fill this up by your Arabic office-mate person than getting it from Dallah because there are many fixers there asking for 20-30 Riyals for their service.
- Requirements are:
- Present the requirements including payment.
- Go to Hall No.1 (or gate no. 1) in Dallah compound, look for the Hall and show your documents to the reception to verify if your documents are complete (In my case I bring my documents to the Mutawwa person inside, he is the one checking documents in Dallah Takhassusi Hall No.1).There are case if the Checker will require you for an eye test, but if the Checker don’t asked it, just go and proceed to next step.
- Leave Hall No.1 after checking your documents and proceed to Hall No. 2, but before you enter the Hall make sure you have made the payments for Driving License. Payment thru Saddad or bank is better than paying on the fixers in Dallah because they will charge you for 30-50 Riyals for the transactions. below is the payment details:
- 5 years = 200SR
- 10 years = 400SR
- or 40SR per year as per the Police explanation in Dallah, its up to you if you want to go there yearly for paying 40SR.
- After payment, Just proceed inside Hall no. 2, window-1 (submitting all requirements)
- Releasing Office (HALL no. 2) and wait.
- Inside the Hall there are many seats there for waiting the card print of your new Driving License. I prefer that you sit in front because the person will distibute it by calling your name and most Saudi’s may pronounce name differently so be attentive on this.
After 1-2 hours of process you have your new Driving License and ready to use it. Happy Driving!